Vision: SuperComida will empower millions throughout the Latino community to adopt healthier lifestyles, preventing disease and healing through food. By educating both old and young we will create a shift in the culture to re-embrace healthier, nutrient dense and local superfoods.
Mission: SuperComida is an organization established to serve and cultivate wellness by providing resources, support and education to the Latino community. SuperComida aims to empower the Latino community to take responsibility for their health by making better food choices. We seek to promote the importance of health in a manner that celebrates and respects the culture.
Need: In the midst of today’s standard American diet and processed food culture, our community has been extremely disconnected from where their food comes from. This has resulted in a huge increase in the rate of diet related diseases. For example, childhood obesity has tripled in the past 30 years (Center for Disease Control). Other diseases like diabetes and cancer have also skyrocketed in fact one out of every 2 men and one out of every 3 women will develop cancer in their lifetime. There is clear and growing scientific evidence that these diseases can be prevented by diet and lifestyle. We feel a sense of urgency is needed for the prevention of illness and the promotion of wellness in the under educated Latino Community.
Goals & Objective: SuperComida’s principle charitable objectives are to raise funds through coordination with like minded organizations, multimedia, and live events in order to serve and cultivate wellness in our community. By delivering the messages in ways that are authentic, relevant, and practical to the latino community, SuperComida aims be a bridge for the Latino community towards a healthier lifestyle.
- Outreach promoting healthy items targeting low-income Latino communities
- Educational events on the alternatives to processed food
- Live Food Demonstrations focused on choosing whole foods and healthy ways to prepare them
- Multimedia video based recipes specifically tailored to the Latino community
- Print material focusing on nutrient dense foods available at latino markets (shopping lists)
- Video Series of skits demonstrating a variety of healthy issues that affect latino communities
- Build relationships with key celebrities and cultural icons in the Latino Community
Carlos Quentin of the San Diego Padres
Carlsbad Alkaline Water
Art Produce Community Garden
My Organic Place Farm
San Diego Blenders Juice Bar