SuperFood Drive holds a vision where hunger relief is synonymous with healthy food distribution. To simultaneously combat the epidemics of hunger, malnutrition, obesity and chronic disease, SuperFood Drive supports food banks and food pantries in transforming into healthy hunger relief organizations.
By transforming every food drive into an opportunity to collect healthy, nourishing food for those in need, obesity and its related diseases will fall by the wayside in this highly susceptible population. The seniors, children, parents, veterans, and handicapped who are the recipients of hunger relief organizations deserve foods that do more than fill their stomachs. They deserve food that helps to maximize their already at-risk health. This is what SuperFood Drive does. Heal through food, for those in need.
It is easy to get involved by hosting a SuperFood Drive in your own community. Act today and help us Give the Gift of HealthTM one can at a time. Consistent with the United Nations Association’s First Millennium Development Goal: Eradicate Extreme Poverty and Hunger, SuperFood Drive is an effort to fight hunger and raise awareness about the importance of nutrition in America as well as abroad.
We have proudly presented SuperFood Drive at the following local, national and international public health conferences & symposiums:
- Food Systems & Public Health: S3: Safe, Secure & Sustainable; San Diego, CA – November 2009
- World Public Health Nutrition Association; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – April 2012
- American Public Health Association (APHA); San Francisco, CA – October 2012
- Food Justice Conference; San Diego, CA – April 2012
- California Association of Food Banks; Sacramento, CA – April 2013
- Food as Medicine; San Francisco, CA – June 2014 (scheduled)
- World Public Health Nutrition Association; Oxford, UK – September 2014 (scheduled)
- Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo; Atlanta, GA – October 2014 (scheduled)